Today’s post consists of an audio and video experience. The first is Wilson Bros/Shrink Wrap’s newest release “How Does Jesus Save Us?” Also included is a video where I describe the process of teaming up with my brother to create a music that is related to increasing our awareness of death and dying. I’d suggest scrolling down to the music first and then viewing the video if you are interested.
Link to Video Entitled “Some Thoughts on Music and Death”
Embedded in this new tune, one of the voices says ” Your mind can’t understand this, but see if you can get a feeling: You’re not separate from everything….. There’s nothing out there.” So the title of the tune is “There’s Nothing Out There”. See what feelings arise as you listen to the music and as you look at the accompanying photo submitted Eric Kuniholm and Jane Mushinsky.
Here are some suggestions for listening:
1) Play the music when you have enough time to mindfully listen without worrying about being distracted by other issues.
2) Use whatever rituals you usually use when preparing to move out of the flow of ordinary life.
3) The music was especially created to be heard through headphones. Try to avoid earplugs, if possible.
4) As you listen, focus on your bodily reactions (i.e. sensations, feelings, emotions etc., whether positive or negative) rather than the meaning of what you are hearing.
5) Try listening to the piece more than once be open to having different experiences with each exposure. Try dancing/moving while you listen!